USPS changes effective January 17th, 2016
Applies to: AbleCommerce Gold
Release Date: 1/11/2016
Effective Date: 1/17/2016 12:01 am
USPS Web Tools will be updating their Rate V4 (domestic) and RateV2 (international) API's on January 17th, 2016. We have provided a patch so you can avoid any disruption in service.
Installation instructions for AbleCommerce Gold
Before installing this patch, make sure that you have already applied any previous USPS patches for the version you are running.
1. Download: uspsmethods_Jan_2016.zip MD5: 60bb8891ddf24b1bb83d324acd371670
2 Using the MD5 checksum number provided, you can verify the integrity of the download before extraction (see below). (This step is optional to ensure the download is valid)
TO VERIFY THE DOWNLOAD:
a. Go to WinMD5.com or any other utility that can provide checksum validation.
b. Download and Run the utility.
c. Select the downloaded file.
d. In the field provided, past the original MD5 value provided by AbleCommerce help site, and click Verify.
e. If the validation fails, do NOT install the patch. Instead, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
3. Extract the file to the ~\App_Data\ folder of your installation.
4. You may need to restart IIS or recycle the application pool.
5. Login to your Merchant Menu.
6. Go to the Configure > Shipping > Integrated Carriers page and edit the USPS configuration.
7. In the Shipping Method section, confirm that "USPS Standard Post" has been changed to "USPS Retail Ground".
NOTE: Do not make the change until January 17th, 2016
To fix the issue, find the "uspsmethods.csv" file in the ~\App_Data\ folder, and change the following -
CHANGE FROM -
Standard Post<sup>&reg;</sup>| USPS Standard Post
CHANGE TO -
Retail Ground<sup>&reg;</sup>| USPS Retail Ground
A division of Able Solutions Corporation - Vancouver, WA