USPS changes effective January 27th, 2013
Applies to: AbleCommerce (all versions)
Release Date: 1/17/2013
NOTE: Go here for the July 2013 USPS patch for AbleCommerce Gold or click here for the AbleCommerce 7 USPS patch
NOTE: THIS DOCUMENT HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
The United States Postal Service notified it's customers of service name changes effective January 27th, 2013.
Reference https://www.usps.com/new-prices.htm for detailed information.
IMPORTANT: This update needs to be applied no earlier than January 27th, 2013.
ABLECOMMERCE / USPS CHANGES
For AbleCommerce, the result of this year's change includes updates to two service names only -
If you are not using either "Parcel Post" or "First-Class Mail International Parcel" shipping methods, this change will have no impact on your ability to use USPS services. However, even if you are not using these two services, we still recommend that you complete this update if you are using USPS shipping services.
Update the USPS service names
Download the uspsmethods_2013.zip file, and extract the contents to a temporary folder on the AbleCommerce server.
1) - Place the "uspsmethods.csv" file into the /App_Data/ folder of your installation.
If you are not using the Parcel Post or First-Class Mail International Parcel shipping methods noted above, then stop here.
2) - Access the AbleCommerce admin, and go to the Configure > Shipping > Methods page.
3) - If you are using the method named "Parcel Post", find it on this page, and click the EDIT icon.
4) - Select the corrected Service name "USPS Standard Post" and SAVE.
5) - If you are using the method named "First-Class Mail International Parcel", find it on this page, and click the EDIT icon.
6) - Select the corrected Service name "USPS First-Class Package International Service" and SAVE.
A division of Able Solutions Corporation, headquarters located in Vancouver, WA