USPS changes effective January 22nd, 2012
Applies to: AbleCommerce 7.0.0 through 7.0.7
Release Date: 1/20/2012
NOTE: THIS DOCUMENT HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
The United States Postal Service notified it's integration providers of a price change effective January 22th, 2012.
This is a portion of the notice that was given by USPS -
On January 22, 2012, USPS will update domestic shipping services and international pricing and product features. For detailed information on prices and new product features, please reference the Federal Register Notices viewable at http://pe.usps.com/.
The USPS integration requires the service name in AbleCommerce to match the service name designated by USPS. If a name match is not found, services and rates will not be returned at checkout or with the shipping estimator.
ABLECOMMERCE / USPS CHANGES
For AbleCommerce, the result of this year's change includes updates to two service names only -
If you are not using either "First Class Mail Package" or "First Class Mail International Package" shipping methods, this change will have no impact on your ability to use USPS services. However, even if you are not using these two services, we still recommend that you complete this update if you are using USPS shipping services.
Update the USPS service names
This is the recommended update method.
Download the uspsmethods.zip file, and extract the contents to a temporary folder on the AbleCommerce server.
1) - Place the "uspsmethods.csv" file into the /App_Data/ folder of your installation.
If you are not using the First Class Mail shipping methods noted, then stop here.
2) - Access the AbleCommerce admin, and go to the Configure > Shipping > Methods page.
3) - If you are using the method named "USPS First Class Mail Package", find it on this page, and click the EDIT icon.
4) - Select the corrected Service name "USPS First Class Mail Parcel" and SAVE.
5) - If you are using the method named "USPS First-Class Mail International Package", find it on this page, and click the EDIT icon.
6) - Select the corrected Service name "USPS First-Class Mail International Parcel" and SAVE.
Update the Database
If you prefer to handle the database update manually, we have provided the SQL script below, which is necessary to update your existing USPS service names.
Download the patchusps2012.zip file, and extract the contents to a temporary folder on the AbleCommerce server.
A division of Able Solutions Corporation, headquarters located in Vancouver, WA