PART TWO - Select
the Payment Methods that will use your new Payment Gateway
Once you have created and configured the new payment
gateway, you must go to the Payment Methods menu to select the payment
type you want to use with your new gateway. You need to do this for each
type of credit card you offer to your customers.
1) From the Merchant Menu, go to the Payment Methods
menu and click the Add button to see a page similar to the one below:
You can create as many payment methods as you need.
For this example, we will create a "Visa" payment method.
2) Enter "Visa" for the Payment Method Name.
3) Select "Credit Card" for the Payment Type.
4) Select "Visa" for the Validation Rule.
This will automatically check to see if the user's credit card is a Visa
number before it is sent to the payment gateway for authorization.
5) Select the "Authorize.Net" gateway, or
the one you have previously created.
6) Choose who will be offered this payment choice; enable
for All Groups (everyone) or any available groups (for member stores).
7) Check the box to Activate this payment method.
8) Click Finish to add the new Visa payment method.
On the payment selection page of checkout, the user will see the Visa
as a new payment option. If it is selected, the user will enter his/her
credit card with expiration date and the transaction information is sent
to the payment processor. Usually, in a few seconds, an authorization
is either approved or declined and the order will be completed, or they
will need to re-enter valid credit card information.